Purpose of Policy
The aim of this policy is to ensure the information given to Cheltenham Youth Club, in trust, is to be used only by Cheltenham Youth Club, for the reason which it was gathered.
Cheltenham Youth Club is committed to providing you with the highest level of membership service, this includes protecting your privacy. The aim of our privacy statement is to ensure personal information is handled responsibly and a consistent approach is used concerning its collection, use and disclosure.
Our Privacy Statement contains the following and requires us to communicate to all members regarding the use of your personal information:
- What is personal information
- How we collect personal information
- How we use personal information
- When we disclose personal information
- Storage and security of personal information
- Accuracy or personal information
- Access to personal information
What is personal information
Personal information is data collected from an individual who can be identified, or whose identity can be reasonably ascertained, from the information.
Application of policy
How we collect personal information
To deliver and enhance the services offered by Cheltenham Youth Club relevant personal information is collected. Cheltenham Youth Club collects personal information from you which is volunteered when;
- You register to become a member of Cheltenham Youth Club
- You enter a competition run either by Cheltenham Youth Club or another club affiliated with Gymnastics Australia
- You purchase merchandise from Cheltenham Youth Club
- You may provide information to one of our staff
How do we use personal information
We only collect information that is necessary for us to carry out our primary purpose, which is providing services relating to membership, educatiuon, events and merchandise. Your personal information may be used in order to:
- Provide the service you require
- Internal accounting and administration
- Regulatory reporting and compliance
- Helping us to provide and inform you of products or services that may be of benefit to you.
When we disclose personal information
We disclose personal information to organisations we believe are necessary in assisting Cheltenham Youth Club in providing a professional service. The organisations in which we disclose information include:
- Outsourced service provers who may manage the services we may provide to you, including but not limited to: Insurers and medical personal.
- Our professional advisors, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers
- Government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law.
We limit the use and disclosure of any personal information provided to us to such organisations for the specific purpose for which we supplied it. when you provide us with personal information about other individuals, we rely that on you to have made them aware that you will or may provide their information to us, the purpose we use it for, the types of third parties we disclose it to and how they can access it. It is important for members providing personal information to note:
Storage and security of personal information
Cheltenham Youth Club stores information both on computer and in a paper file. We have implemented measures of a reasonable nature to ensure that all personal information you provide is securely stored to avoid misuse, loss and unauthorised handling.
Access to personal information
Policy Breaches and Consequences
Cheltenham Youth Club undertakes to deal with any complaints of a breach of the Member Protection Policy promptly, seriously, sensitively and confidentially. At any stage, it is the prerogative of the Complainant to proceed with, or dissolve, a complaint. The following procedure is to be followed should a breach of this Policy become evident:
- The breach should be formally reported to the Centre Manage for attention
- If required the breach will be brought to committe where a person designated will be empowered to address the breach specifically with the individual reported to have breached the Policy.
- Following an approach with the individual, should the behaviour continue, the President and Centre Manage will address the individual concerned (where the individual concerned is neither the President or Centre Manager)
- If no resolution is achieve reports are provided to the full Committee determine the appropriate course of action.
7. CONFIDENTIALITY AND REPORTING
- Necessary as part of the corrective process; or
- Required by law
8. COMPLAINT HANDLING PROCEDURE
Complaints should be resolved as soon as possible; should the complaint not be resolved in accordance with the ‘Breaches and Consequences’ Section then the grievance procedure of the Club is to be followed.
9. ADDITIONS AND CHANGES TO POLICY
Recommended changes to this Policy may be submitted to the Club’s Committee of Management for consideration. The Committee will review the recommendations and have the authority to make changes to this Policy. Should changes be accepted the Policy would be updated, dated and circulated to all members.
In addition, the Club is committed to ensuring all policies are up-to-date, therefore reviews are undertaken annually. The next review date is detailed at the beginning of each policy.